Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movin' Out


Well, it's that most wonderful time the those of us non-homeowners experience every year or few: apartment hunting time. It always sneaks up on me; I try not to think about it because it is so awful and then it is upon me like a crocodile and only weeks to figure out where myself and my book collection are going to live. This time around, I will most likely be downsizing. BF left for Atlanta, so I have had a two bedroom palace to myself for the past two months or so. This sounds like a good thing, but in reality, it isn't. It just means that I have now spread what used to be contained in a bedroom and walk in closet throughout an entire two bedroom place! And I like it that way. I even have a hooping area and a den/laundry folding room! Suffice to say, moving back into a shoebox sized studio is going to be an adjustment. I mean, a hooping area- awesome! Price is a factor here and I wish it weren't. If I had a money tree, I'd just get another two bedroom place and spread my self hither and yon. Alas, I have an all important budget to stick to (yes, I'm still using it Hillzy). This means that I either move in with some roommates (complete strangers), or find the deal of the century on a bootbox. I am approaching from both angles and I must say; I am my own worst enemy. I find something wrong with every place I go to. Clearly I am being overly critical. Hopefully meetings with potential roommates go a little bit better. It's really not nice to be critical of someone you just met. Especially when you would be moving into their abode.

So here's the score:
Shoeboxes 5, Me 0, Ties 2 (the ties are only because I have two places to "fall back on")
Bootboxes (no data available because I haven't found one in my price range yet)
Roommates 12 potentials. The meetings start next week. Wish me luck.


Do yourself a favor- figure out where you want to live and just buy a dumb place already. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

No comments:

Surviving and Thriving in Chicago as a Twenty Something Gal