Thursday, June 19, 2008

Quiz Mania

I know this is a cop out for a real post, but a lot of people have been tagging me for these, so here goes:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was just finishing with my eighth grade year, mourning my rejection from the cheerleading squad, and making the most of a summer at home on the lake with friends. I miss those days when days of doing nothing felt so long! Much to my mum’s consternation, I was really into skateboarding and surfing culture (in Michigan, I know, but still!) and spent a lot of spare time learning to skateboard (I am really, really bad!). Thankfully I moved on unscathed by crazy piercings, blue hair, or tattoos. There are still pictures to haunt me though (shudder!)

5 Things on My To Do List Today
Call my lousy landlord to inform them I will be moving out in August- so there!
Exchange leftover Canadian $$ from Bachelorette trip
Make menu lists for upcoming trip to Rothbury
Upload the rest of the wedding pictures from my phone (my project du jour)
Move my car to the “Thursday” side of the street to avoid nasty street cleaning ticket (It is on the “Friday” side of the street today, I cut someone off to get there)

Snacks You Enjoy
Salad Crispins Italian Parmesan Croutons
Strawberries and Cucumber with Balsamic Vinegar
Pita Chips and Garlic Hummus
Oatzels
Laura’s Wholesome Junk Food Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fresh Michigan Cherries
Ruby Red Grapefruit
Vosges Mo’s Bacon Bar
I could go on. . . .

Places You Have Lived
Ann Arbor, Michigan
East Lansing, Michigan
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Chicago, Illinois
Paris, France

5 Things You Would Do if You Were a Billionaire
Make sure my family was taken care of and all set for life
Quit my job 
Purchase a lake house
Throw out my closet and start over
Lots and lots of Philanthropy; particularly green initiatives and less fortunate women

6 Quirky Things about Myself
I actually really like my freckles and would be really sad if they ever went away or I had to cover them up
I miss studying and taking tests
I don’t have cable, and rarely watch television. Books are so much better
Most of the time, I enjoy the condiments and seasonings more than the food itself (excepting fruit)
Even though I don’t consider myself superstitious, I always avoid walking under ladders, contact with black cats, stepping on the sidewalk cracks, etc. You never know!
I really do believe in Karma. What goes around does really come around. My friend Mary has this theory that all people and events in life come full circle. I am a faithful believer!

I got tagged to do all of these about a million years ago by numerous friends. I am now tagging anyone who has procrastinated as much as I have. I don’t think there are many of you, but you never know. . . . .

Longer, more detailed post to follow.

2 comments:

Hopsy said...

Thank you for the sweet blgo comment, I am so glad to have found you too! I just read your quiz and we must be the same age, fun fun! I am with you on updating, I try to be a good blogger for all my readers, but it gets so tough sometimes!

Mrs of the Regiment said...

I so agree with the quitting your job if you won lotto. I would be out of my job like a shot.

Also, I thought it was fun that you miss taking assessments. So do I. I think was a lot better at the doing assessments part, than putting it into practice at work.

Surviving and Thriving in Chicago as a Twenty Something Gal